on first and second cycle studies
Programme evaluations are an important part of the quality assurance process at LUSEM and serve as a basis for continuous programme development. It also provides the students with an opportunity to exercise their student influence. All educational programmes must undergo a programme evaluation.
It is the responsibility of the programme director to conduct a programme evaluation and to compile the programme evaluation summary. The programme director can favourably collaborate with the programme coordinator in the work of the programme evaluations.
When conducting the programme evaluation, the programme director should consider the integrity of those involved and guarantee anonymity where possible.
The results of the development work and evaluations of the programmes will be presented to the LUSEM board annually (at the board meeting in September/October).
The programme evaluation summary with the compilation of the student survey (including open-text responses) are kept in the quality archive.
Programme valuation -
At the end of the programme, a programme valuation is carried out in the form of a student survey. For two- and three-year programmes, a student survey must be carried out after each academic year.
The student survey is created from the current template in the SUNET Survey in the programme's language of instruction. The survey is sent to students by email and is completely anonymous.
Once the survey is closed, the results are compiled.
It is advisable to remind students at the end of the academic year to fill out the survey and, preferably, allocate time for this during a teaching session, in connection with a final seminar or similar, to obtain as many responses as possible.
Programme evaluation summary
The programme evaluation summary (formerly called scorecard) is the final report of the programme evaluation, which includes quantitative data, the programme director's analysis, and the compilation of the student survey. The programme evaluation summary is written in English and is completed at the end of the programme.
Attached to the programme evaluation summary is the compilation of the student survey with both quantitative and open-text responses. For two- and three-year programmes, compilations for each year should be attached.
If the programme evaluation summary is to be shared outside the organisation, the open-text responses should be reviewed by the responsible department to take into consideration the integrity of both students and teachers.
The programme evaluation summary consists of two parts. Part one contains programme information and statistics regarding applications, admissions, and completion rates, etc. This information is best provided by the programme coordinator.
Part two contains of questions to be answered by the programme director.
The document should be saved with the following naming convention: “Programme evaluation summary Programme code ÅÅÅÅ–ÅÅÅÅ” (e.g., Programme Evaluation Summary EGSYS 2020–2023). The document is saved in the LUSEM quality archive, by the quality assurance coordinator.
Publish and communicate the result
The programme evaluation summary is communicated as soon as possible by the programme coordinator to the students on the programme (the respondents), and to LundaEkonomerna.
The students on the programme (the respondents) – The programme coordinator publishes the programme evaluation summary to the student group who have completed the survey, via Canvas.
LundaEkonomerna – The programme coordinator publishes the programme evaluation summary in LU Box for LundaEkonomerna’s education committee.
In cases where LundaEkonomerna wants more information from the student survey for a programme, they can also request answers to the open questions in the survey. Requests are made to the programme’s host department. The answers to the open questions in the survey are tested for confidentiality and examined on the basis of teachers' and students' integrity before they are released.
The following is a suggested workflow and cooperation between the programme director and the programme coordinator:
- The programme director is responsible for conducting the programme evaluation and initiates the start of the evaluation work.
- The programme coordinator creates a student survey in SUNET Survey and sends it out to the students through the system.
- The programme coordinator compiles the results of the student survey when it is closed.
- The programme coordinator completes part one of the programme evaluation summary.
- The programme coordinator sends the programme evaluation summary and the compilation of the student survey to the programme director.
- The programme director answers the various questions in part two of the programme evaluation summary and returns the document to the programme coordinator.
- The programme coordinator creates a PDF of the programme evaluation summary and merges it with the student survey compilation as attachments at the end of the document (for two- and three-year programmes, all compilations must be attached). The document is saved and named according to the naming convention.
- The programme coordinator sends the completed programme evaluation summary back to the programme director and to the director of studies at the programme's host department, vice dean (of education) and the quality coordinator at LUSEM, no later than 30 June.
- The programme coordinator publishes the programme evaluation summary (without answers to the open questions) to the students in Canvas and to LundaEkonomerna in LU Box.
- The quality assurance coordinator archives the programme evaluation summary in the LUSEM quality archive.