Funding and grants


On this page you can find information about funding and grants for research, teaching, and travel.

How to apply

There are different ways to apply for different types of funding and grants: 

Log in to the application system (new tab)

Faculty travel and research grants

Researchers, doctoral students, and lecturers at Lund University can apply for the faculties' travel and research grants. The application period for the faculties' travel and research grants is at the start of the spring and autumn semesters, normally in February and September. 

Many different grants are included. Carefully read through the information when selecting the available grants to make sure you are eligible. 

More information on the LU staff pages

Other grants and scholarships 

Application deadlines and calls for applications for grants and scholarships that are not included in the faculties' travel and research grants can be found on the LU staff pages. Note that you also apply for these through the application system. 

More information on the LU staff pages

External calls for applications for grants and scholarships

You can find a list of external grants and scholarships that have sent their calls for application to Lund University on the LU staff pages. Research Services at LU offer support and help concearning external research funding. 

Tips on where other external grants can be found:

  • On the Global grants website. It is free to search the database as long as you are connected to the LU network. 
  • On Pivot-RP you can search for research funding opportunities in all scientific fields, from both national and international sources. 

External grants and scholarships on the LU staff pages

Research Services - Research funding

Global grants website (new tab)

Log into Pivot-RP (new tab)


For general questions about funding and grants, please contact Carla Böhme or Christina Keller

For questions about specific grants or questions about the application system, please contact

For questions about external research funding, please contact Research Services.