First, report all IT security-related events to LDC:
Secondly, be aware of phishing and ransomware attacks:
- Update your computer regularly. If you ignore updates for a longer period, access to eduroam will eventually be denied.
- Look at e-mails and who they are from before clicking on links.
- Take particular care if an e-mail is from someone you know that restarts a discussion you had a long time ago (usually a sign that an account has been hacked)
- Note that e-mails regarding IT security from LDC uses the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Hence, ignore security emails from other addresses.
Thirdly, when something goes wrong
- If you happen to click on a bad link, please inform LDC (see above) and the Head of department immediately. Then go to https://passport.lu.se and change your password