How to apply
courses and lu accommodation
Online application to LUSEM
In order to complete your admission process to Lund University you have to submit an online application. It is only possible to submit an application during the application periods.
How to apply
- Prepare your application to us by carefully selecting your courses.
- After you have been nominated by your home university, you will receive an activation email with further instructions on how to log in to the mobility system solemove.lu.se.
- Apply in the application period that applies to you:
Application dates and deadlines
- Make sure that you read and follow the instructions on how to apply in the online system. You can log in to the mobility system Solemove at any time to follow the progress of your application status.
Instructions on how to apply in the mobility system Solemove
- Read the instructions
- Fill in and upload required documents
- Save and send
Applications are made online semester-wise. Username and password will be sent to nominated students via e-mail. Login is not possible until the application period starts.
- Go to solemove.lu.se
- Choose Lund University[LU]
- Choose Log in using: Local
- Log in with the userID you have received via email (please note that your account must be activated and a password must first be chosen before logging in).
2. Read the instructions
On the application page you will find information specific to your application. It is very important that you read the information and follow all instructions given.
3. Fill in information and upload required documents
You will need to fill in all required information in all tabs in the application before it is considered complete. As long as a mandatory field is not filled in, you will se a red "missing data" box on the right side of the page.
Start your application by entering your personal data. The duration of your exchange is already filled in by your home university. Make sure to fill in all the mandatory fields.
In the Study information tab, please provide us with the following information:
- If you are a double degree student, tick this box.
- Choose "School of Economics and Management" as your faculty/department.
- Answer the question ”Do you wish to apply to the Swedish introduction course SUSA?” with YES or NO.
The Current studies section focuses on what you are currently studying at your home university. Please make sure to fill in all the mandatory fields.
Note that you will need to indicate English language proficiency in the ”Language Knowledge” section.
Proposed study plan
The course selection is the hardest part of your application, and something you should plan accordingly. Have this in mind:
- Students nominated through/via a LUSEM exchange agreement are expected to take the majority of their courses at the School of Economics and Management.
- Choose courses adding up to 30 ECTS per semester. Normally it means two courses in study period 1 and two courses in study period 2.
- Courses at LUSEM are very popular and each course has a limited number of seats. Therefore you must always state two alternatives per course.
- All courses should be approved by your home university before you submit your application.
Upload at least the three mandatory enclosures, i.e. CV, Statement of Purpose and Transcript of Records. The file format should be .pdf or .doc/.docx.
Check and send application
When you have filled in all the mandatory fields and uploaded all the mandatory enclosures, there should be no warning signs on the different tabs of your application.
The button ”Send application” will then be visible in the ”Check and send application” tab. Remember that your application cannot be edited after it has been submitted.
We communicate with you through messages in the system. You will receive an email notifying you of new messages.
4. Save and send
Your application cannot be edited after it has been submitted. Your Status of application will change from ”Application not ready” to
After your application has been submitted, it will be evaluated. When you have received your Letter of Acceptance, you will be able to see in the Recommendation column which courses you have been accepted to.
You may always log in to Solemove and check the progress of your application.
Letter of Acceptance and confirmation of courses
Shortly after the application deadline, The International Office at LUSEM will look at your application and make sure that you meet the prerequisites, have attached all required documents, and that you have stated at least 4 first hand choices or courses that add up to 30 ECTS credits, and that you have also stated alternatives for each course.
Your Letter of Acceptance is needed in order to apply for a Residence permit or VISA (if applicable).
You may always log in to Solemove and check the progress of your application. When you have received your Letter of Acceptance, you will be able to see in the Recommendation column which courses you have been accepted to. This process takes up to one month, so all courses will not show until we are done with the course admission process.
When the course admission process is done, a confirmation of courses email will be sent to you in late May (for exchange in the autumn) and in November (for exchange in the spring).
Apply for housing
Like in many other university cities, housing is always in great demand in Lund, especially at the beginning of each semester. LU Accomodation is mainly a service for international exchange and degree-seeking students.
LU Accomodation provides a limited number of rooms for exchange students and will do their utmost to help you, but we cannot guarantee a room for everyone. Applying before the deadline is important.
Application periods for LU Accommodation:
- Autumn semester: 1–25 April
- Spring semester: 1–25 October
The exact opening dates may vary depending on whether the first day of the month is a workday or on a weekend. Always check what applies to you and on the LU Accomodation application website.
AF Bostäder new student lottery
We recommend all students to apply for housing both via LU Accommodation and also via AF Bostäder in their new student (novisch) lottery.
Join our Facebook group
Join our Facebook group ”Housing Exchange LUSEM” to connect with other LUSEM students either renting out rooms or looking for housing.
Other housing options
Please note that, even if you apply for housing on time, there is no guarantee that you will get housing through LU Accomodation. You should also look into other options before coming to Lund.