Swedish Historical Regional Accounts 1571–2020
The Swedish Historical Regional Accounts 1571–2020, released in 2014 and 2018, presents a database with regional GDPs for 24 countries. Please cite this database as: Enflo, K., Henning, M. & Schön, L. (2014) ”Swedish Regional GDP 1855–2000: Estimations and General Trends in the Swedish Regional System”. In Christopher Hanes, Susan Wolcott (ed.) Research in Economic History, vol 30, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp.47–89, and Enflo K, A Missiaia (2018), “Regional GDP estimates for Sweden, 1571-1850.” Historical Methods: A Journal of Quantitative and Interdisciplinary History, 51:2, 115-137, where the principles for the construction of the data are also to be found.
Description and specification of the latest 2023 update can be found in Nilsson, et. al. (2023) "Swedish Historical Regional Accounts. 2023 Update, Revision and Underlying Principles".
Financial support from the Swedish Research Council, Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation and Länsförsäkringars Forskningsfond is gratefully acknowledged.
2014 © The authors
Kerstin Enflo, Martin Henning and Lennart Schön
2018 © The authors
Kerstin Enflo and Anna Missiaia
- The Complete Data Set
- Table 1. GDP per county, Factor prices, Mill. SEK, Current.
- Table 2. GDP per county, Factor prices, Mill. SEK, Constant Prices (1910/12 Price Level).
- Table 3. Population per county
- Table 4. Employment in agriculture
- Table 5. Employment in industry
- Table 6. Employment in private services
- Table 7. Employment in public services